Τετάρτη 11 Μαΐου 2011

Συνεντευξη της Nina Dobrev στο PopWrap


Διαβαστε μια συνεντευξη της Nina Dobrev...


PopWrap: Congratulations on an amazing season. Given everything asked of you as an actor, I'd imagine this is very creatively exciting. 
Nina Dobrev: Absolutely. Especially since every single day is different and I never know what to expect. I never get into a comfort zone because between the two characters, I’m always on my toes and having to do different things and bring these different people to life, make them interesting, make them sad, make them layered. It’s a very fun theme park to visit.

PW: And in some cases, multiple versions of the same character, like the pre-vampire Katherine we saw in "Klaus." 
Nina: There’s a lot of preparation that’s involved with each of the versions of Katherine that we’ve seen: pregnant Katherine, vulnerable with her family, pre-Klaus, post-Klaus, vamp bitch. There’s so many different versions of her, it’s crazy.
PW: Do you have a favorite incarnation of Katherine to play?
Nina: I say that in general Katherine is more fun than Elena because she’s not how I act on a day to day basis – I don’t bite and attack and be a bad-ass every day. Even when I think I’m being a bad ass, I’m not really [laughs]. Katherine is a legit bad-ass.
PW: Plus Elena has been given some really heavy material to play in the episodes leading up to Klaus' sacrifice. That had to be really draining on you.
Nina: Yea. It was. Especially with Jenna dying. She was a family member. One of the originals. Well, not originals as in The Originals on our show, but she was there since day one. Having to see yet another one of our family members go was sad and hard. But it wasn’t just her – so many people died and are dying, the stakes are so high. Elena and I had to cry and go to a lot of really bad places mentally for those scenes. I’m curious though, as an audience member – how was that sacrifice episode? Did Jenna’s death feel big and epic and sad and scary?
PW: Seriously? I cried on my couch when she died.
Nina: For her specifically or everyone in general?
PW: It was Jenna-centric. For me, I feel like Jenna’s death is the most devastating thing that’s happened on your show in two years. When Vicki died, it was sad, but we only knew her for half a season so we weren’t as invested in her as a person as we were with Jenna. She was such a good person and – in so many ways -- didn’t deserve the fate she was dealt. It not only hurt because you watched her die, but you knew how bad Elena felt because of the role she played in it.
Nina: Wow. That’s amazing. Quote yourself [laughs]. Honestly, that’s exactly what we were going for. I’m so happy it translated because I’ve been traveling over the last three weeks, so I haven’t seen the episodes.
PW: I feel safe in saying the fans agree with me on that. And obviously Jenna's death will still be weighing heavily on Elena this week.
Nina: Oh yea. It really will. It’s hard to move on from that, yet she still has to try and pull forward. Elena kind of regresses back into old patterns. Another family member has died so she has to step up to the plate again and put on the fake smile and plow forward in an attempt to keep going. It’s survival of the fittest.
PW: Typically last week's episode would have been the finale, but this week's ender looks to be just as extreme, but in a less action-y way.
Nina: That’s true. The finale has a very different kind of intensity to it – last year was twists and turns that you just didn’t expect. This year is more dramatically intense than physically given the severity of what happens. I remember the feeling of watching last year. Of being so completely blown out of the park and being so stricken by it. I have not seen the finale, so I don’t know what my reaction will be, but we’re the “Vampire Diaries,” you know it’s going to be crazy.
PW: Will this finale set up the events of season three the way "Founder's Day" set up season two?
Nina: It does. There’s not just one – there’s two or three kind of big twists that change the course of everyone’s lives, and they’re unexpected. It affects Damon & Elena hugely. It effects Stefan more than anyone would have imagined. Jeremy’s life is just completely turned around, and almost confusing – you’ll see why soon enough. But it initiates these storylines that will flourish in season three.
PW: On that tip, what would you like to see for Elena in season three?
Nina: To be completely honest, I’d love for her to smile a bit. I know “Vampire Diaries” is intense and dramatic and people are dying, but I don’t know why they have to always be dying around Elena. Why she has to be the one always witnessing it or being affected by it. She needs to lighten up because if she becomes this constantly crying character, it makes her weaker. She needs to begin to have a real life again, because right now she’s consumed by chaos. There needs to be a light at the end of the tunnel. She needs to feel again, and have relationships again because everyone in her life has been suffering so much, it’s becoming an action sequence as opposed to this girl going through her life.
PW: I'd imagine the same could be said for you -- are you excited to step away from "TVD" for a minute and play someone new in "The Perks of Being A Wallflower?"
Nina: Yea, although the part in this film isn’t the lead by any means, it’s very nice to be in a different environment. It’s like going on vacation to the same beach every summer for 15 years – eventually you want to venture out. I’m looking forward to stepping away and taking a breather and not having a show rest solely on my shoulders [laughs].
PW: To only play one character?
Nina: There you go! [laughs] Also, I feel like you can lose perspective and fall into routines when you do the same thing over and over again. Especially going into season three. That’s a long time, so it’s almost like a reality check. And honestly, I’m really nervous about the movie, but in a good way. It’s nice to feel butterflies again. To be in an unknown environment and step outside of my comfort zone. But don’t get me wrong, I’m going to be just as excited to step back into the many shoes that I walk in on “Vampire Diaries.

0 σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...