Παρασκευή 2 Μαρτίου 2012

Συνεντευξη της Torrey DeVitto


H Torrey DeVitto μιλαει για το Vampire Diaries και το Pretty Little Liars...

Insider.com: Did you laugh over the fact that Melissa's videotape reveal happened so closely timed to the Vampire Diaries mini-cliffhanger, revealing Meredith's gun-happy tendencies?

Torrey DeVitto: [laughs] I know, right? Obviously that wasn't planned but it worked out rather perfectly. I get so many Tweets asking me why I have to always play such a crazy, psychotic, weird woman! I guess that's just my M.O. these days.

Insider: Let's start with Melissa -- what are you excited for fans to see in these final episodes?
Torrey: She's got a lot of exciting things coming up. Like I've always said, her relationship with Spencer is interesting on its own, but after they saw her on that videotape, things go in a direction that I think people will like. Things will keep unfolding and there are some more shocks coming with her. There's so much there you haven't seen. Plus, it'll be interesting to see how Melissa and Spencer handle things that are coming up -- we'll find out if there is more to this sisterly rivalry than previously thought.

Insider: What was it like when they told you that Melissa would get involved in the Alison murder mystery?
Torrey: I don't know anything until the script is literally in my hands. I ask all the time and no one tells me anything. So I was just as surprised when Melissa showed up in the video. But I love it. As an actor, it's so much fun to play a character with some kind of mystery. You never want to play the boring person – and in real life, I'm not a murder suspect, so it's fun to do something totally opposite. For Melissa's sake, I just want to know what's going on with her because there have been so many ups and downs since the show started.

Insider: That said, did learning of her NAT involvement make you look back on any acting choices you'd previously made with regret?
Torrey: I say that all the time. When I get scripts I'll go up to Marlene [King, creator] and say, "I wish I knew…" But she's very clear that they don't tell us this stuff because they don't want us to play it like that. We're told what we need to know per scene and that makes sense. If I knew that Melissa would be on that videotape, I would have probably played into that. They're very smart with how they hand information out.

Insider: As for Vampire Diaries, it was probably a similar situation where you came on not knowing how meaty the role would be, right?
Torrey: Totally. I got offered to do a 3 episode arc, and it just keeps going. I flip through every script to see if Meredith dies in it and so far, that hasn't happened. It's been so much fun. I feel so fortunate. I just got the latest script and immediately went to see if I die in it. I won't say if I do or not, but that happens with every script.

Insider: Not only are you still alive, but you got the big cliffhanger moment in the last episode before hiatus!
Torrey: Totally! Paul [Wesley] said to me, "It ends on you!" It's so awesome and such a huge compliment. They've given me a lot of good cliffhangers all along, so it's been very cool.

Insider: Will we have to wait long to find out what happened after that gunshot?
Torrey: Not very long. But it's interesting – fans will enjoy what happens.

Insider: Well TVD never does the expected, so I can't imagine Meredith killed Alaric and that's all there is to it.
Torrey: [laughs] I know, right – could you imagine if it opened up on Alaric’s funeral!?! No, they really don't ever do what's expected and that's true here as well.

Insider: What are you excited for fans to see about this next batch of Vampire Diaries episodes?
Torrey: You learn a lot about Meredith -- you'll see her unfold and learn a lot about where she's coming from. Her personality comes through a lot more.

Insider: And lastly, I must get your take on those EW covers!
Torrey: I loved them! I thought they were fantastic. Had I been a single girl who saw this cover on Valentine’s Day, I would have bought all the copies, a box of chocolates, a bottle of wine and gotten my girlfriends together to flip through the magazine. "We may not have the boyfriends now, but lets look at these pages!" [laughs]
Pretty Little Liars airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC Family while Vampire Diaries airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on The CW.

0 σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...